Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 07, 2006

Spelt and Gluten-free loaves...

It's been a few days since I last posted, been busy with some testings as mentioned. Well, it looks like my sourdough journey will be scaled back somewhat for the time-being as I continue testing recipes. I have just baked a loaf with 100% spelt flour and it turn out great...


The loaf is light & soft with a nice crumb texture and the taste is amazing, a mix of earthy and nutty overtures coupled with a tinge of buckwheat honey to complement. Yummmmmzzzz...

Also have a gluten-free loaf being cooled down at this moment. Check back for a look of this loaf and the taste report...

Cheers and live well

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, do you sell your sourdough starter? i live in Singapore too!

06 August, 2006 21:34  
Blogger Don said...

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply, you can contact me if you need some. Just email me ur contact number and I will be in touch with you.

Cheers...

08 September, 2006 01:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to make 100% whole spelt bread. What percentage water do you use?

Thanks,
Alice

21 February, 2007 06:15  
Blogger Don said...

Hi Alice,

If it's still helpful, I use between 68% to 71% of water.

Hope this helps.

Cheers...

26 February, 2007 00:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home