Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Fast forward to the present...

The last 2 months or so have been an enriching experience for me, Bread in its simplicity is such wonderful stuff that I never bothered about before I took that "messy" plunge into the world of bread making... I have come a long way during this short period of time and still have got a long road ahead of me to learn the art of bread making... During this time, I have baked an array of breads, some of which, be it good or bad, was never captured for memory but wholeheartedly eaten up. :) Just last week, I went and bought myself a pack of Rye flour to try and it yielded some wonderful stuffs.

Sourdough Rye Boule


The cut loaf


Sourdough Rye & Raisins Bagels


Then disaster struck, I was in for a rude awakening. While baking another loaf, there was a "blow-out" and the entire loaf had cracked, it looked like it just came out of an "earthquake"... This I found out later, was because of the low gluten in the rye flour, lesson learnt!

So onward march, the next bake will be....???

1 Comments:

Anonymous yourcomfortsweet said...

Hi DOn:

I attest to your heart breaking experience. I have long been told that no one had made bread with 100% rye flour.
Well, as a scientist, all things are possible. I tried various way to break that naysay. I succeeded.

I am able to make tasty bread of 100% rye flour. I can cut it into regular sandwich slices and make sandwiches with rye sourdough bread.

It is done. 100% rye bread.

04 January, 2010 23:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home